We believe that working together, as valued partners, is the best way to develop the infrastructure that sub-Saharan Africa needs.
Apply for funding
InfraCo Africa’s mandate is to mobilise and not displace private sector investment. We will not get involved in a project if it could attract the financing it requires from other private or DFI investors. Instead, we prioritise projects that have the potential to deliver a positive developmental impact and be commercially viable but need our risk capital and expertise to become bankable and attract private sector investment. We can also fund the expansion of innovative infrastructure businesses that need to rapidly scale-up to demonstrate commercial viability.
Whether we are committing early-stage risk capital and expertise at the beginning of a project or equity funding for construction, we will always first obtain approval from our Africa Investment Committee (AIC). Before submitting an investment to the AIC, InfraCo Africa will conduct a thorough due diligence of the project or business and its stakeholders.
A simple three-step process
- Receive a project proposal or identify an opportunity that meets our investment criteria;
- Understand the technology, business model, financing and developmental impact;
- Identify key risks, including health and safety, environmental and social;
- Confirm government and community support, land ownership and project rights; and
- Understand and secure approval to the key commercial terms of our involvement.
Typically takes between 3 to 6 months
- Complete technical, legal, financial, environmental and social due diligence (undertaking studies or site visits as required);
- Get to know the key stakeholders and their aspirations for the project;
- Complete Know Your Customer (KYC) and/or reputation checks for all significant parties;
- Secure host government support and confirm resourcing (as required); and
- Negotiate and secure approval to sign a Joint Development Agreement or equivalent.
Typically takes up to 6 months
- Commit funding to develop the project from our entry point to financial close and in some cases operations;
- Regularly review progress against milestones and budgets, and mitigate or resolve potential issues;
- Monitor environmental, social, health, safety and other good governance practices (including Anti-Bribery and Corruption); and
- Source additional support and funding from across the PIDG, or externally as appropriate.
Variable, for the duration of our investment into a project.
Apply for a job
People are key to our success.
We are expanding our team. We can offer you the opportunity to work in a challenging yet rewarding environment: developing innovative infrastructure projects, in frontier markets, that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Come and work with us.
Chief Executive Officer
PIDG are currently recruiting a CEO for InfraCo Africa. Details of the role can be found below.
Interested candidates should apply through www.saxbam.com/appointments, using code FAXJE. Click on the ‘apply’ button and follow the instructions to upload a CV and cover letter. Applications must be received no later than 12:00 GMT February 14th.
Respond to a tender
InfraCo Africa relies on the strong relationships it builds with developers, investors and service providers to deliver pioneering infrastructure that changes lives. Lets work together.
We currently have no open tenders. If you would like us to notify you of future procurement activities, please send a short statement outlining your company’s experience and the type of services or products it could provide to email@example.com.