Apply for funding
Getting us involved
We are currently looking for new projects to invest into and support through early-stage development. Projects must:
- be within sub-Saharan Africa;
- be within power, water or transport sectors;
- have the potential to be commercially viable (with our support);
- have a positive developmental impact on the communities they serve;
- need InfraCo Africa to bring something additional, something that no other party can bring to the project; and
- be developed in accordance with our Operating Policies and Procedures.
Our mandate is to mobilise and not displace private sector investment so we will not get involved in a project if it could attract all of the financing it requires from other private or DFI investors.
It is a simple two-step process
Step One – Initial Approval
Once you have provided us with the information we need to get started we will work with you to:
- get a clear understanding of your proposed project: the technology, business model, financing and developmental impact
- review the market, business and regulatory environment, etc.;
- understand how you would like us to be involved;
- present the project to our Project Review Committee (PRC); and
- if appropriate, sign a Memorandum of Understanding.
Typically this takes up to 3 months
Step Two – Due Diligence and Contracting
Once our PRC have approved the project and allocated an initial budget we will work with you to:
- confirm host government commitment and resourcing (if they are the customer / offtaker);
- complete Know Your Customer (KYC) checks;
- complete technical, legal, financial, environmental and social due diligence;
- undertake market studies (if required);
- present the project to our PRC; and
- if appropriate, sign a Joint Development Agreement or equivalent legally binding contract.
Typically this takes 3 to 6 months
If you have a project that you think we can help with, either directly or through our developers, then please tell us.
For InfraCo Africa, being additional is fundamental to achieving our purpose and delivering on our Donors’ goals.
Providing support where it is needed most
We prioritise Least Developed Countries (LDC), Other Low Income Countries (OLIC) and fragile or conflict-affected states.